Sometimes, finding a vein in the patient can be a very challenging task for the healthcare professionals. This can be very tough with older patients, people with overweight and with those who are having dark skin. It is just not with these patients, but finding the right vein is a challenge with any patient. If you pick the wrong vein or you make a puncture at a wrong place, that can end up with a lot of discomfort to the patients and also unnecessary needlesticks as well.
So, in order to make this process of finding a vein simple, vein finders have been manufactured. With the help of these devices, healthcare professionals will be able to complete their job for IV starts or even for blood drawing. A lot of time will not be wasted and not discomfort to the patients as well.
How does a vein finder work?
It can be very helpful to learn how these vein finder machines work. They make use of Near Infrared or also called as NIR imaging in order to detect the veins on the human body. This is a very useful and also proven technology that can easily help in finding the veins which are deep under the skin.
This device is basically held above the skin, and the hemoglobin in the human body will absorb the infrared light. This will make sure that there is less light reflection from your veins. Now with the help of the custom detection system, this change in the reflection is light is captured.
So, now the pattern and exact location of the veins on the skin surface will be visible clearly. Finally, the red laser light will help the healthcare professional to identify the veins. That means, two kinds of rays – infrared light and red light are used in the vein finder for detecting the veins in the human body.
Features of vein finder machine:
- Ease of use: These vein finding machines are very easy to use and do not require any extra training or qualification in order to understand how they actually work.
- Small and handy: The device is very small and it can be held with your hands very easily. They are basically available in different sizes and shapes from different brands, but whatever is the brand, they are not going to be too big or too heavy to handle.
- Safe for patients: This vein finder machine is held just above the surface of the skin and they do not come in contact with the patient’s skin. That means, it is totally safe to be used by the healthcare professional on any number of patients. No worries about any skin diseases being transmitted from one person to another.
- Works in any light: Whether there is low light, too dark, or complete light, it can work in any kind of light and hence it is proven to be one of the best clinical devices for detecting veins in the human body.
- Battery: The battery of these devices is usually rechargeable and hence you need not have to worry if your device stops working suddenly at any time. You can easily plug in the charger and start using it in just no time. You need not have to rush for any kind batteries or other devices for getting it started again.
- Movement tolerant: These devices will show all the results in real time and hence any kind of movement of hands, by the patients will be accommodated by the device and you will be able to see accurate results.
- Tough device: These devices will be used in hospitals and clinics, more frequently and hence they are made to tolerate the wear and tear of the real world.
So, now no more tension of vein punctures in a wrong place or the pain that you need to undergo when punctured at a wrong place, your veins will be detected with ease with the help of the Best vein finder devices. They are totally safe and will show accurate results to the healthcare professionals. A healthcare professional will be able to understand its benefits better.